Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Screen Printing on Paper for Framed Wall Art

I love the look of wall decor to cover up bare and boring white walls. I searched online for items to purchase but it was either too expensive, or not exactly what I wanted. Randomly I came across these beautiful birdcage and chandelier designs and thought, why not make my OWN wall decor? I typically use EZScreenPrint stencils for t-shirts, but I decided to I was going to expand my medium.


Step 1 - I purchased two pieces of water color paper (regular printer paper gets too wrinkly with screen printing ink) and made my stencils with the EZScreenPrint starter kit. You can view the How-To video here: How-To Make a Screen Printing Stencil

Step 2 - I picked out my two colors, Speedball black fabric ink and Speedball opaque gold fabric ink. I screen printed the black ink first, and allowed it to fully dry. View the How-To video here: How-To Screen Print a T-Shirt. You can also speed up the process by using a blow dryer. Once the first color was dry, I repositioned the stencil on the paper, bringing it down slightly, and screen printed the opaque gold ink.


Step 3 - Once both colors were dry, I embellished them with rhinestones. I purchased two 5"x7" frames and now have these beautiful pieces hanging on my wall. Not only were they easy to make, but much cheaper than anything I could find in stores or online, plus I have a sense of gratification for making them myself!




"Like" EZScreenPrint on Facebook for more photos, information, and discounts!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/EZScreenPrint/188961577753?ref=hl

No comments:

Post a Comment